jestpic.com

Discover Best Images of World

#food #travel #sports #news #may #monday

Here's a story from almost 2 years ago. <br />A good friend of mine, an ex military, brought me a tiny #t34 tank metal toy he had bought somewhere and asked me if I could paint it as #rudy102, a T-34/85 tank from a very popular Polish TV show from the 60s. It was a TV show about one particular Polish tank crew (and a dog) and their adventures during WW2. An iconic tank (called the Ginger 102) in Polish popculture.<br />Anyways, I happily agreed, especially that I had been wanting to paint a military model for a long while, was just lacking the opportunity and time. I used to assemble and paint airplane and helicopter models when I was a kid, some 30 years ago and that new opportunity was very appealing to me.<br />I was just constantly lacking time for anything but commissions, and finally, after almost 2 years I am on the project. But after closer examination of the metal tank toy I have decided to throw it to the bin and bought a proper plastic kit in 1/72 scale(so tiny!), which roughly was the same scale as the toy. I even managed to find decals in the same scale which was very fortunate!<br />What I would like to show you today is totally different from what I have been showing you since I started this profile years ago. This time it's the tank armour painted and chipped, all done with acrylics. I also secured the paintjob with a coat of satin varnish, readying it to receive enamel and oil treatments.<br /><br />#militarymodelling #scalemodel #tank #plasticmodel #weathering #miniaturepainting #scalemodelling #czterejpancerniipies

Here's a story from almost 2 years ago.
A good friend of mine, an ex military, brought me a tiny #t34 tank metal toy he had bought somewhere and asked me if I could paint it as #rudy102, a T-34/85 tank from a very popular Polish TV show from the 60s. It was a TV show about one particular Polish tank crew (and a dog) and their adventures during WW2. An iconic tank (called the Ginger 102) in Polish popculture.
Anyways, I happily agreed, especially that I had been wanting to paint a military model for a long while, was just lacking the opportunity and time. I used to assemble and paint airplane and helicopter models when I was a kid, some 30 years ago and that new opportunity was very appealing to me.
I was just constantly lacking time for anything but commissions, and finally, after almost 2 years I am on the project. But after closer examination of the metal tank toy I have decided to throw it to the bin and bought a proper plastic kit in 1/72 scale(so tiny!), which roughly was the same scale as the toy. I even managed to find decals in the same scale which was very fortunate!
What I would like to show you today is totally different from what I have been showing you since I started this profile years ago. This time it's the tank armour painted and chipped, all done with acrylics. I also secured the paintjob with a coat of satin varnish, readying it to receive enamel and oil treatments.

#militarymodelling #scalemodel #tank #plasticmodel #weathering #miniaturepainting #scalemodelling #czterejpancerniipies

1/11/2024, 10:59:11 AM